- Tayeberries (eaten 3 of estimated yield 10 but that's better than last year!)
- Blackberries (eaten 5 of estimated yield 100 - they'll ripen gradually)
- Plums (eaten about 6 of estimated 40 between the Burgundy tree and 5-in-1 which is way more yield than last year. It's probably the Beauty ripening first on the multigraft)
- Large tomatoes (eaten 5 out of estimated 50+. I'm a little afraid they'll all ripen at once)
- Figs (only a few ripe now, the madness will start in about a month)
- Cucumbers (the first ones are coming in now, the majority ready in a month or two)
- Green beans (noticed the first this morning)
- Lemons (it's a Eureka tree that was planted about 9 months ago but is just now coming into stride with enough fruit ripening consistently that we can stop buying lemons at the store)
Saturday, June 8, 2013
What's ripe this week?
Early last week a coworker asked about the garden and all I could report back on was peaches, small tomatoes, and some green onions. Well a lot has changed - all this other stuff has ripened since then.