Monday, October 4, 2010

Farmers market fits the bill

When I was wondering what to do a few saturdays ago, I logged onto trusty facebook and saw a post from a vendor who was going to be at the Little Italy street fair, so I raced down there about an hour before it closed. My first purchase was kind of expensive (dumb I am for buying something I didn't know the price of), but after that I scored some good stuff including some sale veggies because I was there 5 minutes before close.
The big tomatoes were not only beautifully colored, but they tasted so sweet and fantastic with some balsamic and cheese. And the cantaloupe was for an important beverage (link to the recipe and some amazing photos here) but I am out of vodka so my plans were thwarted. Very soon I will make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment