Monday, March 21, 2016

Crazy food (aka seitan cauliflower taco salad)


This started out as an attempt to make seitan tacos, and I found this recipe. But between lack of supplies, laziness and wanting to be healthy, I modified it, a lot. 

Seitan cauliflower taco salad

1 x 8 oz package seitan, liquid drained
1/3 or 1/2 head cauliflower (chopped)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground paprika
juice of half lime
small clove garlic, minced
1/16 to 1/8 head thinly sliced cabbage
salsa (I used Trader Joe's Salsa Authentica) 

Add first 7 ingredients to frying pan and cook on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 10 min. Cover if you'd like. When cooked to your preference, put some in a bowl and add part of the cabbage, and salsa. Stir. Before I chowed down, I microwaved it all for 30 seconds so that the salsa and cabbage would not be cold. 

The crunch is good, it's pretty spicy, and healthy. Accidentally vegan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment