Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Slow and steady

It's nearing time to pull the winter crops and plant seeds for spring, but there are some plants still yet to show off. The first 2 cauliflower heads have emerged, and the cabbage and rest of parsnips seem like they're slowpokes taking forever to grow up. But meanwhile I've been eating (and giving away) kale plants and picking carrots like crazy. Which means more carrot cake! I'm slowly but surely learning/remembering how to bake, but I'm clearly not there yet. Was so proud that this time I actually softened and creamed the butter and managed to flour the pan so it came out clean! But I was too eager. I frosted the thing about 4 minutes after it came out of the oven and the frosting melted and fell off. Nothing a cooling period in the fridge and enthusiastic eaters couldn't fix but seriously. You'd think I mighta known better.  And while it's yummy I sure hope I can hold myself back from making another cake this weekend. A cake a week (consumed by only 2 people) is a little much.

No comments:

Post a Comment