Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Carrot cake people

In order to make room for some tomato plants, I pulled a bunch of carrots. And what was I to do with them? Dare I admit, I don't think I've ever made carrot cake before... but through the wonders of the intarwebs, I found the recipe cache at the Ontario liquor control board which has sense lost the recipe, but someone else was smart enough to save it (see link http://acelebrationoffood.blogspot.com/2009/07/honey-butter-carrot-cake-with-toasted.html?m=1 ), and heard about their carrot cake issue... and the honey butter citrus cream cheese carrot cake is awesome!
I found a recipe blog called Susan can cook - and considered labeling this post: Carrotpeople cannot bake. I messed up some basics - I didn't cream the butter (instead melted it). I completely forgot the pecans. As for appearance, I didn't flour the pan so it got stuck, and it seems that a whisk is not the most elegant tool for spreading frosting. But the flavors are amazing... must make this again (properly next time).

1 comment:

  1. That frosting job reminds me of when Mom made the sinking birthday cake. Use a butter knife next time. :)

    ReplyDelete