Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thinking ahead

It's one of those grass is greener kind of things. Summer is still here, cucumbers are rampant, fruits are still aplenty, and I'm getting focused on fall crops and cold-weather cooking. Planted a ton of seeds in egg cartons and six-packs last weekend because it was too hot to dig up the bed, so in a few weeks I'll have seedlings ready to transplant: swiss chard, tatsoy, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and tons of varieties of lettuce (my mom sends me a random seed mix). So of course I'm thinking about lentils with swiss chard... and seitan with balsamic. This came up in discussion with a friend the other day and I wanted to share the cookbook Fresh Food Fast, the recipe adapted by someone, and most importantly before and after pics. The texture and awesomeness I wasn't able to adequately describe in conversation is better explained with these pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment