- September is the most popular month to get married in San Diego
- A nice garden property that looked great is actually owned by a cult (thanks to them for having a footer on the website saying operated by... and thanks to wikipedia for explaining what the group is all about - apparently public reaction to this cult actually prompted the "anti-cult" movement in the 1980s)
- Hotels minimums for Saturday nights vary wildly... one was 20k another was 7k.
- April is a month in which I may be able to negotiate a lower rate (according to the hotel that has the 20k minimum)
- There are places out in the country that advertise "theme weddings" for which even the staff will dress in costume (think Renaissance Faire)
- Photographer's websites are the most entertaining way to find wedding ideas, be it locations, necklaces, netting hats, etc.
- It's going to be really hard to decide things as there are tons of great options locally
Thursday, July 28, 2011
What I learned tonight...
Been doing some wedding research and am fairly amused by what I'm finding (not surprising as I can be oblivious sometimes)...