Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Savory watermelon salad

Watermelon salad had been featured on the summer menu at Urban Solace for a long time, but I was afraid to try it. Finally a waiter convinced me to try it and I am so glad he did! You should try theirs if you get a chance; it's much more dynamic than this. While my cheater version is simple, it's still quite a tasty summer treat, and an easy choice if you're growing cucumbers or watermelon in your garden!
Savory watermelon salad
Cut watermelon into cubes. Peel then cut cucumber into chunks. Pour on some crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle on balsamic vinaigrette (I use Newman's Balsamic Light). You're done! If you make this ahead of time, wait until just before serving dress it: pour off any juices that may have collected at the bottom of the bowl and then add the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment