Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spouting and sprouting

  • People ordering calendars at work reminds me of the early 90s when I worked at an event planning company and everyone had daytimers.
  • San Diego breweries make fantastic beer (my fave of the moment is Green Flash's trippel).
  • I should not try to roast any more butternut squash seeds. Raw ones taste way better than mega burned ones.
  • Dogs are awesome.
  • The chocolate covered caremels with sea salt my mom sent me are awesome but also the devil's work. A glass of red wine and one of these treats makes me unnaturally happy. So what if my candy has traveled more of the world than I have? Tastes so perfect. 
  • Music soothes the soul and until a few weeks ago I had spent too much time apart from my favorite CDs.
  • Sisters should come to visit every year because it is so much fun to run around with them.
  • After finally trying something other than a sidecar at the fancy bar, I think I have a new favorite. It is something like orange juice, ginger beer, bourbon, and smashed fresh ginger poured over ice. Will try to recreate and report back. Yummy. Yum. Yum.
  • I forgot to carve my halloween watermelon.
  • Work life balance is going to reclaim the life part after my work project is over in 21 days (knock on wood... seriously, please KNOCK!!!).
  • It might not work to save seeds from the tomatoes acquired at the farmers market last weekend and try to grow them, but I'm going to try anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment