Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Guest garden (Coco)

I didn't start off with intentions to feature guest gardens, but after snooping around a friend's front yard before visiting with her the other day I saw something amazing. Kangaroo paw blossoms in general are beautiful. But I had never seen anything like this before. It has teeth! She has some pale peach ones in another part of the yard that hadn't opened yet. I'll go back in a few weeks to see what they look like. My orange ones from last year are on the bottom for comparison.
Another friend is planting up a forest inside her NYC apartment. Very interesting seeds she's ordered; she has a crush on purple colored plants and vegetables. Perhaps her plants will be photogenic and she'll feel generous to share here so we can make the guest garden a regular feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment