Friday, October 9, 2009

San Diego Film Festival

I'm amazed how many people I talk to who don't know there's a film festival in San Diego. I've lived here less than 4 years and attended twice - enjoyed myself fully both times. Last time I saw a lot of the short films and a fun thriller. This time the highlights happened to be the films that brought their famous stars.
William Shatner's Gonzo Ballet was a film documenting a ballet that was created in response to "Has Been" an album created by William Shatner and Ben Folds. Not only did I fall in love with the music and enjoy the story of creating the dance, but am so much more endeared to Mr. Shatner. He's a total goofball who manages to be somberly serious while making you laugh. So glad to have seen him speak.
The other star was James Van der Beek who starred in a movie about the historic struggles of Taiwan, Forsoma Betrayed. He acted well but the story stole the show. Based loosely on true events, it told of a US professor who was murdered and an FBI agent who goes to Taiwan to investigate. I was captivated, and gosh I appreciate the freedom we have her in the US. Wow.
So next September, if you like movies, check out the SDFF (san diego film festival).

No comments:

Post a Comment