Sunday, September 13, 2009

Minnesota state fair: Horse Chronicles

A few weeks ago I got to spend a long weekend in Minneapolis. The state Minnesota fair was so much more impressive than any county fair in California - no comparison.
When this lady saw me taking photos of her horse, she invited me into the stall to take photos. What a friendly horse and caretaker! I loved the light coming in through the window and the one below might be my favorite shot of the trip.

Now did I mention I'm kinda afraid of horses? About 5 minutes after the lovely encounter above, some Clydesdales passes us in a narrow alley and this one had me seriously scared. Look at the horse's feet and the handler's tight grip. This animal had massive power and was not exactly under control. But they zoomed by us and I thanked my lucky stars. Then we went to safer territory, the small animal building...

No comments:

Post a Comment