- Watching a 50-year old man on the sidewalk look at a red apron emblazoned with "Will cook for sex" and tell his wife she should only wear that...
- Getting beignets at 1 am - good thing Cafe du Monde never closes.
- Almost going into the karaoke bar by myself at 2 in the afternoon - there was nobody there to suffer through my bad singing. But I kept walking.
- Checking out the architecture and noticing ferns and plants growing out of the sides of buildings (that does not happen in San Diego).
- Watching a dog walk around between mannequins wearing expensive ballgowns. His owner must have been one of the two ladies inside. And not a purse dog either - a regular dog was just circling the gowns and looking out the window.
- Not gaining weight on the trip. The power walking must have been done its job.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
As it was my first time there, and I'm an exercise advocate, I took 3 and a half hours to power walk up and down every block of the French Quarter. The heat and humidity weren't that bad and until I had to go to the bathroom and showed up at the wrong hotel, it was really fun. My favorite things: