Thursday, April 23, 2009

This is the proof

I am an active procrastinator. The length of today's "To Do" list is daunting. In addition to real work (the kind you get money for!) due tomorrow morning, today I should be preparing for my parents' arrival. They be house guests in 3 days but most likely stopping in for visits anytime between this afternoon and Sunday. Which means there is some major house cleaning and emptying in order. If I do it right, my day will include trips to the recycling center and a box shipping service. I'm hoping to sew 2 or 3 things before I box up and put away the sewing machine. Obviously the living space needs to be cleaned (guest room and bathrooms are high priority!).
But, what have I actually done so far today? Planted 14 different kinds of seeds in my raised beds. Sauteed vegetables and made an omelet for lunch. Posted this blog!
I will get a lot done today, but judging by my past track record of ridiculous behavior, about half of what I accomplish will not be on task. It's what I call active procrastination. I'm going to be busy as hell, but not working on what I'm supposed to be working on. I'd like to think it's better than web surfing procrastination, tivo procrastination, or napping procrastination - where nothing remotely productive gets done.
Hmm, maybe I should bake a loaf of bread next...

No comments:

Post a Comment