Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day of discovery

Discovered the plum tree that came with the house has green fruits! I've only had purple plum trees before so I'm intrigued to see what they taste like in a few weeks when they're ripe. No idea what kind they are but will try to remember to ask the former owner. Update - the tree guy thinks they're green gable.
Then chatted with a neighbor and learned that prior to their house being built in the 1990's, the lot was the former orchard and vegetable garden of the person who built my house in the 1930s. They have an apricot tree with a giant trunk that has to be at least 20 years old but could be as old as 80 - same for the avocado and apple trees. I wish I could have met the man who built my house. Also learned the local parrots (pets that became wild) visit their trees and eat the fruit, so I have that to look forward to. Finished off the afternoon by trimming the bougainvillea, and it stole my hat but didn't draw blood, so I'm happy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment