Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Flag for Boston memorial weekend

To Boston With Love
As the flag deadline comes sooner than that of the quilt block project, I made a flag with doves (one on each side) to send to Boston for the memorial day display at a museum. Link to project info here and to pics of other people's flags here. The charter was to make something using uplifting colors (they suggested a palette) to share love and peace, and it is organized by a modern quilt guild in Vancouver. I have to admit being a little intimidated by the "modern" theme of the Boston quilt square project I posted about below... not quite sure what makes a "modern quilt". The guild I was part of in Washington state more than 10 years ago was most certainly not modern - I was the youngest member by a lot! But it gave me another reason to surf quilting sites, and I'm starting to get a sense of what they mean. We'll see how timing goes this week and next - sewing needs to fall second (or third or fourth) in line after dealing with the ripe peaches and some other projects. Was supposed to be making peach pies tonight but haven't started yet and it's after 10 so that doesn't bode well. Maybe jam this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment