Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dog feet and genealogy

So in an effort to better guess what breeds make up the new dog, Max, I looked up a bunch of traits and features of dogs and "webbed feet" caught my eye. Having never looked at my dog's feet closely I wasn't sure what I was looking for but inspected both dogs. Max absolutely has webbed feet. It doesn't show as well as I'd like in the photo, but there's a lot of skin and it extends up to the very edge of his pads on each toe. Sam has less skin and it has a scooped shape that doesn't extend anywhere near as far. I'm probably the only person excited about this discovery... but anyways we've got a new leading theory on his genealogy - lab and weimeraner. His height and sleekness and shiny coat and curly tail differ from the standard lab characteristics. And I have to brag about how he was a rockstar at his first family holiday with toddlers and 13 people in a new place. The worst thing he did was lick the 2-year old's face, but as soon as he learned the no licking rule he was solid for the rest of the long weekend. Won the "rookie of the year" award.

No comments:

Post a Comment