Sunday, January 9, 2011

Last of 2010

I know it's a bit silly to lament the year that has passed, but my last tomato of December was quite awesome. Check it out below. And I've got my eye on the biggest, greenest fruit on the "big" tomato plant that is certainly to be the first celebration of 2011. (This plant was reseeded, so I don't know if it was a Celebrity or Champion, which were both in that bed over the summer.)
Nevermind the cherry tomatoes which grow like weeds. In fact I was very proud to cut nealry half of those plants back in order to reign in chaos. It's psychologically hard for me to chop up plants that are vigorous but I found the happy medium on these guys, cutting back all the blossoms while keeping all the fruit. So it ended up with me cutting to the "fruit line". So hopefully now the fruit will get more sun and air and ripen even faster. I can't let this plant go too much longer as eventually I should plant different crops, but I'll wait a few months since I have yet to have anything harvest-ready in the other 2 beds (in which the seeds were planted fairly recently).

No comments:

Post a Comment