Friday, October 15, 2010

Spaghetti squash

This orangetti hybrid spaghetti squash is more orange than the ones you see at the store. Perhaps you could blame the strange weather we had this year (not as sunny as normal) or my imperfect watering schedule, but I was disappointed to only get two fruits. So I might try the regular variety after this seed packet is all used up.
But I still love it. Just slice it in half, bake it and then pull the strings out with a fork. It's pretty fun and unique and seems like it might be a good way to trick kids into eating more veggies, because it comes across sort of like pasta. Usually I eat it with sauteed garlic and onions, but this time I got a bit more creative. I added it in with some veggies from the garden and the farmers market the other day. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment