Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby food and second summer harvest

So many of my friends are pregnant this summer! But that has nothing to do with this post, which is just a collection of photos of the tiny food growing in my garden. Here are the little tykes in no particular order: butternut squash, green beans, cantaloupe, cucumbers, blackberries, tomatoes, and beets. The green beans are probably the cutest. And I can now tell the cucumbers from the cantaloupe (cantaloupes are fuzzy and round, while the cucumbers look like pickles). Everything shown is 3 inches or less. You can double-click on pictures if you want to see them bigger - this will help you find the green spider who's protecting my food!




I've started a spreadsheet to track my yield, which may save you from reading about everything I pick, but you'll certainly get a summary report at the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment